How does one know if spiritual progress is happening? Here are thirteen signs:
1) An increased tendency to have spontaneous creativity and achieving high focus and productivity in work.
2) Frequent attacks of smiling along with frequent episodes of overwhelming tearful gratitude.
3) Feelings of being connected with others and nature.
4) Reduced desire for credit, or appreciation, or attention.
5) Ability to feel jealousy is diminished and there is a great reduction in intensity of anger and frustration.
6) An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
7) A loss of ability to worry.
8) A loss of interest in conflicts.
9) A strong urge to simplify and own less.
10) A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others or judging others.
11) A loss of interest in judging self, and yet gaining awareness of one’s negative habits without being defensive.
12) Gaining the ability to love without expecting anything.
13) Increasing happiness in being alone. Increase appreciation of quiet. Strong urge to meditate, pray, or chant.
The feeling of inner peace and bliss is something treasured by every person on the spiritual path. When this feeling first comes in, the trivialness of the drama around us becomes apparent and the spiritual journey deepens. May the signs listed here unfurl in your life as you progress on your spiritual journey. And may you find peace, bliss, and happiness!