Here is a wonderful video that shows how a life of a stray dog is transformed. But more important is the feelings and joy it brings about in the rescuers. Note that the transformation is not just happening to the rescued, but also the rescuer.
How does one know if spiritual progress is happening? Here are thirteen signs:
1) An increased tendency to have spontaneous creativity and achieving high focus and productivity in work.
2) Frequent attacks of smiling along with frequent episodes of overwhelming tearful gratitude.
3) Feelings of being connected with others and nature.
4) Reduced desire for credit, or appreciation, or attention.
5) Ability to feel jealousy is diminished and there is a great reduction in intensity of anger and frustration.
6) An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
7) A loss of ability to worry.
8) A loss of interest in conflicts.
9) A strong urge to simplify and own less.
10) A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others or judging others.
11) A loss of interest in judging self, and yet gaining awareness of one’s negative habits without being defensive.
12) Gaining the ability to love without expecting anything.
13) Increasing happiness in being alone. Increase appreciation of quiet. Strong urge to meditate, pray, or chant.
The feeling of inner peace and bliss is something treasured by every person on the spiritual path. When this feeling first comes in, the trivialness of the drama around us becomes apparent and the spiritual journey deepens. May the signs listed here unfurl in your life as you progress on your spiritual journey. And may you find peace, bliss, and happiness!
An extraordinary film that provides us a glimpse of the miracle of life, and brings to life Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s words:
“Pregnancy and motherhood are the most beautiful and significantly life-altering events that I have ever experienced.”
We are plunged in slumber,
we are children of the dust and ashes,
until we love…
but love, and you are a god,
you are pure, as on the first day of creation.
- Leo Tolstoy
Yet we struggle with life. Why go through life like this? Why not make the most of life by using the tools available to us:
“Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness.”
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
You may also like: The Scorpion And The Saint
Thanks to NASA’s “Solar Dynamic Observatory” in space we are able to see the sun as never before. On the fifth anniversary of this mission, NASA released an incredible video of some of the most stunning images it has recorded so far. Watch the movie to see giant clouds of solar material hurled out into space, the dance of giant loops hovering in the corona, and huge sunspots growing and shrinking on the sun’s surface.
The sun is incredibly important for our well being and now this video shows that it is also extremely active and extraordinarily beautiful.
As we watch this video the words from this ancient Egyptian poem reverberates in our ears:
The trees and the plants are growing,
The birds flutter above the marshes,
Their wings uplifted in adoration,
And all the sheep are dancing,
All winged things are flying,
They live when you have shone on them.
Related: Ten Things To Know About The Sun