Here is the best of Oscar Wilde’s witticism:
- I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.
- Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
- It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.
- The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.
- Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.
- What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
- Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.
- There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.
- Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people whom we personally dislike.
- A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone’s feelings unintentionally.
With stunning photos and stories, National Geographic Explorer Wade Davis celebrates the extraordinary diversity of the world’s indigenous cultures, which are disappearing from the planet at an alarming rate.
A 65 yr old Billionaire came to the bar with her hot and handsome young stud husband.
Her friend took her aside, “How did he marry you?” She asked.
Billionairess: “I lied about my age!”
Friend: “You said 45?”
Billionairess: “No! I said 85!!”
You may also like: Pain Reliever
Ten years ago Savitri’s happy life was shattered when she discovered that she had a cyst in her uterus. After the operation things got worse, the pain was so intense that she lost her will to live. It was then that her husband advised her to try yoga. Savitri was skeptical. How could yoga and breathing exercises relieve her pain? “If yoga and breathing exercise could cure illness then nobody would be sick in this world!” She thought.
But her husband persisted and she thought, “I will do this for a month, and the pestering from my husband will stop!” But to her utter surprise she could feel the difference within a month. Impressed she decided to spread awareness of yoga.
Her life completely transformed. From being in pain and helpless she went to feeling energetic and empowered. “I could feel such positive energy. I didn’t know yoga had this power,” she says.
She developed a passion for yoga and began learning new postures by watching yoga DVDs. Then she began going door-to-door in her village explaining the benefits of yoga. She had credibility because people could see her remarkable recovery, and so they began following her. Soon she was teaching yoga to the entire village. This has now grown to a movement that includes surrounding 15-20 villages!
Savitri is now completely transformed. From a shy housewife she has become an extremely busy person with no time to spare. As the word has spread thousands come to her to learn yoga and she embraces them with all her heart, not charging any money for her yoga lessons.
It has been 10 years since Savitri began her work to spread Yoga. She has been travelling to nearby villages and teaching the poor and the needy Yoga for free. All those who have followed her and practiced regularly have found their lives transformed. “It does not have any side effects and it helps you stay focused too. Also yoga has cured some serious illnesses in some cases. You just have to be regular,” she says.
There is no stopping Savitri. She now has set her sights higher. She wants to spread yoga to every village and street of India. She believes yoga is the perfect way to a healthy lifestyle.
You may also like: Yoga Saved My Life!
Credits: This has been written by Raj Shah and edited by Ketna Shah. We found the original story here.
An oil driller was excited that the oil property he had just purchased had good prospects. He went to his wife and broke the good news, but she was not happy, “Honey, can’t you drill somewhere near so the commute would not be so long?”
The fundamental and obvious principle of drilling for oil is, “You got to drill where the oil is, not where you want it to be.”
It may seem obvious but yet we are unable to take this principle to heart. We all make the mistake of trying to look for stuff where we want it to be:
- When hunting for a job, instead of going where the jobs are, we look for them in our neighborhood. This causes our career to stagnate.
- Instead of building skills what the market or employer demands, we tend to build skills in areas where we are most comfortable. Our inability to go out of our comfort zone causes our progress to slow down.
- In business, instead of understanding what the customer needs, we try to provide the customer what we can or based on our own preferences. This is the reason why most businesses struggle.
- In our spiritual quest, we prefer to look for spiritual experience in the context of our ego, instead of outside it. Consequently most of us have difficulty making spiritual progress.
Just outside our comfort zone, lies growth and success. But this is scary and difficult, yet this is where we must go. This quote summarizes the insight of this post well:
“The best piece of advice someone has ever given me was ‘do it scared.’ And no matter if you’re scared, just go ahead and do it anyway because you might as well do it scared, so it will get done and you will feel so much better if you step out of your comfort zone.” – Sherri Shepherd
Related: Five Secrets Of Your Comfort Zone
Credits: This has been written by Raj Shah and edited by Ketna Shah